We love our holidays on the Stenner Farm. Independence Day is one of our favorites, and we celebrate big! With a family of firefighters, ironically, they love fireworks and blowing things up. I always thank God in my prayers that night for no missing fingers. We are patriotic to the core. We enjoy cookouts with our Kansas City BBQ and lots of desserts. What better way to celebrate our country and freedom than with a Patriotic Flag Cookie Cake. This recipe is a standard sugar cookie dough with cream cheese frosting and your choice of fruit. In the past we have used blueberries and strawberries, but this year we decided to use the yummy cherries for the stripes.
prep time 10 MINUTES
cook time 20 MINUTES
total time 30 MINUTES
- 1c butter softened
- 3/4c vegetable oil
- 1c sugar
- 1c powdered sugar
- 1Tbsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 4 1/2c flour
- 1/2tsp salt
- 1tsp cream of tartar
- 1tsp baking soda
ICING & TOPPING INGREDIENTS
- 1/2c butter softened
- 2 tsp of vanilla
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 4c powdered sugar
- 1 pint of blueberries
- 4c of strawberries or cherries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine butter, oil, both sugars and vanilla until smooth. Blend in eggs.
- Add flour, salt, cream of tartar and baking soda until blended.
- Press dough into a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake 20 minutes. Let cool
- For icing, beat softened butter and cream cheese until well blended.
- Add powdered sugar and vanilla. Beat until creamy and spread on cooled cookie
- Add fruit. The blueberries should be placed in the top left corner to represent the stars on the flag. Add cherries or strawberries horizontally for the stripes. If cherries have pits, remind your guests. The strawberries may have juice leak out onto the icing. A paper towel can soak additional liquids before serving.
I hope this Patriotic Flag Cookie Cake recipe brings your family as much joy as it has ours. We are honored that you have come here today to check it out.
Blessings to you and your family!
P.S. To receive our updates you can subscribe here or follow us on Facebook, Instagram & Pinterest.
Share on Social Media