Puff Pastry Shell:
Although you can make this tart crust with the standard rectangular puff pastry, we like to roll it out and make a circular shape before it’s cooked. For some reason a round tart is extra special.
Double the Fun:
When in doubt make two pastries. This allows you to give one away and still enjoy the Lemon Raspberry Tart yourself.
Fresh lemon curd is heavenly. You can purchase it pre-made or make yours from scratch. It’s really very simple to make. The scratch recipe is below. It’s so yummy!
Assemble the Tart:
After the shell and lemon curd has chilled, add the additional ingredients and fill the middle of the pastry. Don’t forget to top with raspberries, the final drizzling of warm raspberry jam and a sprinkling of powdered sugar.
Lemon Raspberry Tart Recipe:
Makes 2 full tarts serving 6 each
2 sheets puff pastry thawed
8 oz. cream cheese softened
2/3 cup sugar plus more for sprinkling
4 Tbsp. heavy cream
2/3 cup lemon curd
2 pints raspberries
1/2 cup seedless raspberry jam warmed
Powdered sugar for sprinkling
From Scratch Lemon Curd:
2 sticks of unsalted butter room temp
3 cups sugar
8 egg yolks
Pinch of salt
1 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 425° F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Unfold the thawed puff pastry on a flour dusted area. You can keep it rectangular or cut corners off for a circular tart. I use a pan lid and pizza cutter to cut the circle. Carefully transfer to your baking sheet.
- Fold over the edge of the crust to create a lip. Using a fork, poke holes all over the center of the tart. Brush the entire tart with an egg wash and sprinkle about 2 tsp. of sugar over the center. Bake until golden brown, about 15 minutes. Remove from oven and carefully press the puffed center back down if it is too high. Let cool.
- In a bowl combine softened cream cheese and sugar. Mix until smooth and the sugar is well incorporated. Add the heavy cream and mix for about 1 minute. Fold in the lemon curd.
From Scratch Lemon Curd:
- Cream together the butter and sugar until combined.
- Add 1 egg yolk at a time and mix until combined. Then add the salt and lemon juice.
- Add mixture to a pot over low heat. Continuously stir for 15 minutes until thickened. It will continue to thicken while cooling. Allow it to completely cool.
- Spread your lemon cheesecake mixture over the center of your cooled tart crust. Arrange washed berries over the curd and drizzle with the warmed jam. Dust the tart with powdered sugar.
- Serve on a beautiful platter.
PIN for later
I hope you enjoy this yummy recipe with your family and friends. Don’t forget to check out my beautiful friend’s recipes for more inspiration at
Blessings to you this week!
Share on Social Media